1. Keep it wrapped. Leave your new tattoo covered for 24 hours; remove bandage with care and wash with warm water and mild, fragrance-free soap. Do not re-bandage.
2. 3 for 3. Apply a thin layer of first aid ointment (Aquaphor, A&D ointment, Triple Antibiotic or Bag Balm) 3x a day for 3 days. After 3 days you may use a fragrance-free hand lotion until the skin returns to it's pre-tattoo condition. Do not use Vaseline, petroleum jelly or Neosporin.
3. No vitamin D for you. Stay out of direct sunlight and tanning booths until the tattoo is healed; at least two weeks.
4. Your tattoo can't swim. Stay away from pools, tubs, spas and saunas while your tattoo is healing. Showering is okay.
5. The Itchy & Scratchy Show. As good as you think it'll feel, avoid itching, scratching, rubbing or picking at your new tattoo while it is healing. Loss of color and/or infection may occur as a result.
If you have any skin problems such as redness or swelling, contact your doctor.
Extreme or long-term exposure to the sun can and will fade your tattoo. This can be minimized by using sunscreen with at least SPF 15.